Names, events and opinions ARE sometimes gonna be mentioned without restrictions. If you don't like it do quit the internet.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Now that's a tough one...!!!

To be leader, or to be human, that's a question.

Well, here it comes again, the same situation, the same age-old question. And of course, this time it's even harder to answer.
- A doctor in the emergency room, dealing with a death, he has to go out and deal with this horrific minute of going to the relatives and announcing the truth. Only he can do it. And he can't lie about it or make it any easier. It just has to come raw.
- A captain on a boat, knowing his ship is sinking, and that the only hope he has for saving the passengers is to camouflage the actual truth and make sure people are heading to the emergency barks without panicking. The raw truth in this instance would cause general panic and would definitely affect the outcome since it would cause general panic. In this case, honesty is not the priority, having the situation "under control" is.

Now the question is, what do I need to be now. The ship is not sinking, and nobody is dying, but still, a mom would be terrified if her baby caught a cold.

Someone told me I had perseverance, and that I can handle difficulties and still manage to go on. But the pressure is increasing day after day, and it's really tough sometimes to be the one shouting "keep moving forward".

You know what, I just realized something, I may not be "hiding my real feelings" per say, I may not be "being nice we khalas", but there is definitely a part of truth in this: Apparently, I still have to "pick my words", I still have to "process" every word before I get it out of my system, even to the closest people. And that's taking a huge amount of effort, at least for me.

Now I got it, I really do: I cook my food only to my very special guests, others have to eat it raw.

No comments: