Names, events and opinions ARE sometimes gonna be mentioned without restrictions. If you don't like it do quit the internet.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

The "Make-up" Theory

First of all, and to be clear on this point from the start: I am NOT generalizing... What I'm saying here is definitely not the case with ALL girls. In addition, it also applies to some boys as well. I'm just talking about a general notion, a general observation and a very general analysis that is far from being close to a rule.

I know my opinion may be controversial, feel free to prove me wrong.


Deception...


Like all essay questions should be answered in one of our refined written exams, one should begin by its definition.

What is deception anyway? The encyclopedic definition is molto bellissima. Just take a look:
"Deception is the act of convincing another to believe information that is not true (...)"

Regardless of the intention, regardless of the tools used for that, regardless of its ingenuity, deception is deception. Make no mistake about that.

Self-Deception

"(...) In many cases it is difficult to distinguish deception from providing unintentionally wrong information. One of the reasons for this is that a person or an entire organization may be self-deceived."

Amen...

The Art of Deception

Deception is an artwork by itself. David Copperfield is a majestic deceiver: He turns his deception into an art form, with its own beauty, poetry and refinement. You ENJOY being deceived by him, he convinces you that it's fun to be deceived, and that's an even bigger deception by itself.

Pass me the Paint and glue

What is Make-up?
Make-up is a tool used by a good bunch of girls/women - and yes, sometimes men- to "deceive" their surroundings.

It hides the real person, the real features, the truth, with a multitude of colors, shades, glitter and patterns that only serve to distract the observer's eye from the real deal.

By "make-up", I don't mean "powder and lipstick". Make-up doesn't only involve the face, it involves the entire body, the entire personality, the morals and the mentality as a whole. In all cases, this Make-up is nothing but the tool to camouflage the reality.

It's the magician's left hand that distracts the audience from what the right hand is doing. Why? because seeing what the right hand is doing will spoil the entire show, will sabotage the whole illusion. That's why it has to be shiny, bright, colorful and simply distracting. The audience is blinded by it and is not able to see the truth as it passes by their eyes, the naked truth.

"The Naked Truth"

Well, if the truth was beautiful by itself, if that truth "looked good naked", one would never need to resort to make-up and deception.

When the inner beauty is deficient, girls have no other choice but to resort to their "deception box":
"- How about some "mascara", to hide those squinting eyes?
- oh no, it's not working either, let's go with the big "eye glasses"
- some colors on the hair would be great with my "new-look",
- not working? don't even bother: get an entire synthetic hair mesh to "give your hair volume".
- Still a mess? who said the hair had to look good under a scarf?, after all, this will be a double illusion: "I look good AND I'm pious"... the more the merrier.
- What is that? A zit? oh no, people can't see me like that, Oriflam's cream of foundation is here for that "With a thick protective layer of keratinamide, ZPTO and emulsifying agents, your skin is radiant with "natural" beauty, homogeneous and you shouldn't worry about those little imperfections that make the difference between seeing you or paying a visit to Madame Tusseaud's"
- mmm, something's still missing... oh yes of course, Forever Metallic lipstick from Maybelline with glitter and natural lust is a girl's best friend. 3gm tds and now you're sure your lips will be so shiny people would be blinded before even having the fortune (or the misfortune) to take a look at the face itself.
- The cloth... Now that's a challenge by itself, and I'm up to the challenge aren't I? Colors, shapes, drapes, ribbons, belts, bracelets, giant rings, giant necklaces, giant pins, didn't you hear about this year's new fashion statement? Hand cuffs... Now would you look at that... I look like right out of a Picasso. And yes, thanks to my bling blings I'm in stereo sound...."

And some girls are REALLY good at that... Like I told you, deception is an artwork.

(now you know why it took me so long to write: I had to do some pretty extensive research before writing this. Believe me, it's not easy for a guy to imagine what a "cream of foundation" is made for)

And that's ONLY the outer make-up. Don't even get me started with the behavioural/mental/cultural/vocational/moral camouflage.

The conclusion... What you see has NOTHING to do with the reality. And in order to "decorticate" those layers and layers of paint and accessories, a chisel may not be enough.

Under these layers and layers of deceptive materials and illusion-makers, lies that naked person. With all her human features, all her flaws and imperfections. The real deal.

And here comes the biggest irony, they will only fool the shallow men, the superficials. Because only them will believe that this is how you REALLY look like. The rest of them will either "make you live your own lie" and, although they know your reality, they'll just keep making you feel they are "under the spell".. ya3nee men el akher, hayakhdookee 3ala ad 3a2lek.

And Only a minority of them will let you know they're not fooled, only a minute minority will "denude" you in their eyes and see what's really inside. It may take them some time, but eventually, they'll get to it.

The most embarrassing moment for this girl is when one of her real traits is exposed... This is when her make-up fails her. Usually she cries, panics, and it's a catastrophic moment in her miserable life. The moment her reality is exposed.

And since girls are very concerned with how they look, with how people see them, they actually classify this "exposure" as an act of mal-intent that is aiming at "destroying that girl's image/reputation". Well, if exposing a reality destroys your image, then I'm sorry to say: You really should worry more about how you really look like than about how people SEE you.

The ultimate irony: Although they are aware of their sensitive situation, girls LOVE exposing others (of both sexes)... and, since they fail most of the time to find something "juicy enough", they are EXPERTS in "inventing" realities, this is where they use their imagination to the fullest. They just take a piece of info, analyse it, add some salt and pepper, spice it up, stir it well on "el botagaz" and Voila... A delicious meal for all to enjoy.

Only a girl who has nothing to hide will not NEED to deceive, will not need to use make-up, will not need to distract. Only a balanced person will realize the inner beauty he/she has inside and won't have to "act himself a beauty".

Girls, believe me, most boys are not mosquitoes:

They won't just get distracted by that "shiny light", suddenly stop thinking and head towards it without being able to resist till they get electrocuted.





" Girl, we've got work to do
Pass me the paint and glue...
When one knows the world is watching
One does what one must.
Some minor adjustments, darling
Not for my vanity...
But for humanity.
Each little step, a pose.
See how the breeding shows.
Sometimes it's too much for even me.
But when all the world says, "Yes"
Then who am I to say "No"?
Don't ask a mutt to strut like a show girl. No, girl, you need a pro "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I needed a break, decided to read something ..thoughts and ideas of someone else cause …well, maybe that’s is what is keeping me going .. Anyhow, that’s not the point , the point is I read this, and by the first line of defining deception I have ran to my desk rummaged through my old files and came up with that free art drawing picture that I sketched in art class so long ago!!! I was 16 back then, sketched a hair dresser and wrote a couple of lines of wisdom right next to it! Needless to say, my lines offended the teacher…thought I was messed in the head, which in a way I am starting to think I might be! LOL.. That paper was thrown away and I was ordered to draw something else with more colour for my free art…
You have to understand, the reason I am writing all this is to give you background for what made me develop my ideas and how the opinion I have today came to exist…
The lines of ‘wisdom’ were as follows :
I always wanna look good
I spent ages trying to get ready
All that, so when I look in the mirror
I will see someone else….
And all is saw was ‘someone’ fake
And so make up and hairdos disgust me…
That was my opinion back then, now its different somehow…Make up isn’t fake, hiding part of who you are because you are afraid of exposing a way for others to exploit wrong conclusions about you!! Now, that isn’t deception…it is simply avoiding misunderstandings, avoiding misconceptions…Just nipping disaster before it happens because of ….
Who am I kidding, you are totally right? It is lying by omission!! Make up is lying right to your face!! THERE, the shit has hit the fan! Seriously thou, when people realize that, will they stop? Or will they keep doing it anyway? There is the question!! Once you realize that you are content with yourself, and so not in sync with the rest of society or anyone else for that matter. Do you stop, and fight for your beliefs until everyone is on the same level with you? Or do you just live and let live? Don’t say anything unless asked, and when you say what you want and contradicted…do you explain your views, implore their agreement or just tell me that they are right to save yourself the headache? I am not being philosophical, I am honestly asking…do you act out or STAND out?