Names, events and opinions ARE sometimes gonna be mentioned without restrictions. If you don't like it do quit the internet.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Redefining friendship

The notion of "friend" has been undergoing the most radical face lifts over the past 2 years.

Before getting philosophical, let me tell you a story of a freak.

- Freak element number one: Yes, I was educated in a boys only school. (except 2 years, more about that later)
- Freak element number two: When I left school to join this amazing faculty of medicine, I had only 1 real friend from school (I didn't see him since 5 years now except twice by chance).
- Freak element number three: During my first 3 years in medicine, I had a group of around 15 friends I met in the faculty. That would have been great, but I have to be honnest: They were all girls...!!!!

So, all of this to tell you that I was never what you can call "a friendships-guy".

I joined the SSS 4 years ago. During these 4 years... This side of me underwent the biggest chain of changes in its history. Maybe because of the work environment. Propably because I met new, different people. Definetly because I had to meet the REAL FREAKS as well as the REAL LARGER THAN LIFE Human beings...

No comments: