Names, events and opinions ARE sometimes gonna be mentioned without restrictions. If you don't like it do quit the internet.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Crowd - La Foule

Here it is, the city, filled with ecstasy and delirium,
Suffocating under the crowd and the noise.
And I hear with the valsing music,
those laughters that burst and bounce around me.

Lost amongst those people that keep pushing me.
Disoriented and scared, I freeze in place.
Then suddenly I turn around, and look above my shoulder
and the crowd throws it and puts it in my embrace, just close to my heart.

Carried away by the crowd that pushes,
the crowd that carries,
the crowd that presses us till we become only one,
And the flow pushes us, bound together with mere effort,
and leaves us rediscovered, intoxicated and blessed with happiness.

Carried away by the crowd that turns,
the crowd that danses,
the crowd that valses one crazy valse,

our fates remain joined together.
And sometimes our two tired bodies fly into the air altogether
and fall on the ground rediscovered, intoxicated and blessed with happiness.

These joy and happiness that I got, penetrates my body and shines from within.
But suddenly, I give a scream between those laughters,
when the crowd takes it back from my embrace.

Carried away by the crowd that pushes,
the crowd that carries,
the crowd that separates us from each other,
I fight and I struggle.
But the sound of my voice gets lost between others laughters,
and I scream in pain, in anger, in despair, and I weep...

Carried away by the crowd that turns,
the crowd that danses,
the crowd that valses one crazy valse,

I get carried away.
And I grasp my fist, cursing at the crowd that took from me.
The air of my lungs, the joy of my life that it once gave me
and that I'll never get back again...







Je revois la ville en fête et en délire,
suffoquant sous le soleil et sous la joie.
Et j'entends dans la musique les cris, les rires,
Qui éclatent et rebondissent autour de moi.

Et perdue parmi ces gens qui me bousculent,
étourdie, désemparée, je reste là.
Quand soudain, je me retourne, il se recule,
Et la foule vient me jeter entre ses bras...

Emportés par la foule qui nous traîne, nous entraîne,
écrasés l'un contre l'autre,
Nous ne formons qu'un seul corps.
Et le flot sans effort nous pousse, enchaînés l'un et l'autre,
Et nous laisse tous deux épanouis, enivrés et heureux.

Entraînés par la foule qui s'élance,
et qui danse une folle farandole
Nos deux mains restent soudées.
Et parfois soulevés, nos deux corps enlacés s'envolent
Et retombent tous deux, épanouis, enivrés et heureux...

Et la joie éclaboussée par son sourire,
me transperce et rejaillit au fond de moi.
Mais soudain je pousse un cri parmi les rires,
quand la foule vient l'arracher d'entre mes bras...

Emportés par la foule qui nous traîne
Nous entraîne, nous éloigne l'un de l'autre,
je lutte et je me débats.
Mais le son de sa voix s'étouffe dans les rires des autres.
Et je crie de douleur, de fureur et de rage Et je pleure...

Entraînée par la foule qui s'élance,
et qui danse une folle farandole,
je suis emportée au loin.
Et je crispe mes poings, maudissant la foule qui me vole
L'homme qu'elle m'avait donné et que je n'ai jamais retrouvé...

No comments: